We’re thrilled to have you join us for the New Mexico Diversity Conference.
Below is information on how to register your school or organization for the event. If you are a high school student, we encourage you to bring this information to your teacher’s attention for next steps.
On this website, a school teacher or official—what we refer to as the “faculty advisor”—reserves a specific number of spots for their school delegation to attend our event.
- A school delegation typically consists of 10 people (often 8 students and 2 adults). You may reserve fewer spots based on the depth of your school’s interest in the conference.
- You do not need to identify specific attendee names at this initial step.
- You do not need to differentiate student versus adults spots at this initial step; just reserve the total number of spots for everyone you anticipate bringing to the event.
Throughout Winter and Spring 2019 we will be reviewing and approving workshop proposals from members of the community. No later than March 4, 2019, we will post the official list of workshops for the 2019 event on this website.
At that same time, we will email each registered school’s faculty advisor with a registration code to provide to each attendee. Every individual (student and adult) will need to visit our website and pick their workshops for the event. We require this step to ensure each person gets a chance to see the full list of workshops, but also to check for food allergens, mobility accommodations and other factors that will help us ensure an enjoyable conference experience for everyone.
Costs and Payment
We encourage every school to register early to take advantage of our early-bird discount!
- Schools who register on or before Monday, March 4, 2019 are charged $25 per participant
- Schools who register after this date are charged $30 per participant
- These registration fees include the entire day’s programming and materials, as well as breakfast, lunch and a snack. Note the full cost of attendance is roughly $45 per person, so regardless of when you register, the ticket prices are subsidized by fundraising conducted by YCD.
We will issue you an invoice via email within 24 hours after you have registered on this website. All invoices are due within 30 days of issue.
We never want money to prevent a student or teacher from attending a YCD event. If you anticipate challenges paying your invoice, please contact us to discuss options and potential scholarships. We are committed to making this program accessible to all.
Schools may cancel their registration at no cost on or before Monday, March 4, 2019. After this date, all invoices that have been issued will be due in full whether your school attends the conference or not.
We make an exception for weather-related issues on the day before or day of the event, in which case a school may carry forward its balance to next year’s event or another YCD program.