Calling all youth artists and changemakers!
YCD is launching its first-ever t-shirt design challenge for youth! We are seeking designs created by people under the age of 20 that speak to YCD’s mission:
YCD is dedicated to educating and empowering youth in order to advance inclusion and equity for all.
Our hope is to find designs that inspire dialogue, insight and empathy on social issues, just like YCD’s programs do.
We plan to select four final designs that will be featured on t-shirts available at each YCD conference for the 2019-2020 school year, as well as on our website. You have the opportunity to have your artwork seen by thousands of students and teachers at our events this coming year, not to mention the wider public. Here’s an opportunity to use art for positive social change.
Artists who submit winning designs will also receive a free t-shirt of their design.
Guidelines and Recommendations
- We suggest designing on a canvas that is 11″ width x 15″ height (3300 x 4500 px), or smaller. You do not need to include a margin within these dimensions.
- You can design the artwork on a computer or by hand, whichever is most comfortable for you.
- Designs can be in full color or black and white, depending on your preference.
- Final artwork should be high resolution, ideally 300 dpi or higher. If you create the artwork by hand, please scan a high resolution version for submission.
- Artwork can be sent in .jpg, .png or .pdf formats.
- You may submit more than one design if interested.
- Do not copy images from the Internet or other sources. Artwork must be original.
- If you wish to include a quote, ensure you have attributed the quote to the person who said it first.
- Submitting artists must be 20 years or younger.
How to Submit
Send a final version of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org when ready.
All designs must be submitted no later Monday, September 16 at the end of the day in order to be considered.
Contact Caleb Munro at email@example.com with any questions about this design challenge.