Youth Celebrate Diversity is committed to empowering students, teachers, and youth organizations to make their schools and communities safe for all people.
More importantly, YCD is focused on ensuring positive momentum is carried through from our events to actionable projects and initiatives at participating schools and youth organizations. To help in this process, YCD is making funding available via microgrants.
Make a Diversity Commitment
YCD challenges all students, teachers, and others who attend our events to make an actionable and specific commitment for a project or initiative to be carried out in the weeks and months after participating in our event. We encourage groups who attend our events to meet as a group to discuss:
- what they learned at the event;
- how their experiences at the event highlight issues in their school or community to be addressed;
- an action plan or project to address these issues as a group; and
- how they will measure success of their project or initiative after implementation.
Apply for Funding
Youth Celebrate Diversity is excited to announce schools or youth organizations who attend the 2017 Mountain West Diversity Conference or the 2018 Cherry Creek Diversity Conference may apply for funding to implement their diversity commitment, in the form of a microgrant, if their project or initiative requires financial support to become actionable.
In order to make the best use of these funds, we request that the faculty advisor complete the following application so that we can distribute our assistance as equitably as possible.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when completing your application:
- Projects should focus on improving and addressing issues in the local school or community. We are unlikely to fund requests to attend events or travel away from the local school or community.
- You may apply for any amount of money, up to a maximum of $500. However please note we will apply more scrutiny on higher value requests and will be limited in our ability to approve high value requests. We generally recommend requesting $50-$100 per school or organization to maximize the chances of your application being approved for funding.
- Each school or organization will be eligible for no more than one microgrant per school year. Applications must be made as a group via faculty advisors. We will not accept applications from individual students, and we will not accept multiple applications from the same school or group.
- We reserve the right to provide any level of assistance we deem appropriate based upon the number of requests we receive and the budget we have available.
- Checks will be made payable to schools or organizations, not individuals.
- Schools or organizations that demonstrate a clear ability to measure success of their initiative will be given a higher priority for funding.
Each YCD event has a different deadline for microgrant applications depending on when the event takes place.
October 14, 2017
October 30, 2017
November 11, 2017
February 3, 2018
February 19, 2018
Apply for a Microgrant Now
Did your group attend the Cherry Creek Diversity Conference? Apply for funding today.